MISSION: To mass-collaboratively design, fund, and build a house that:
- is ecologically regenerative
- is healthy—air, lighting, etc.
- produces food
- produces more energy than it uses
- is a 10+ in comfort / convenience / aesthetic
- is 100% non toxic–if it fell down, it would introduce zero toxins to the natural environement
- is a source of passive income
- has a positive human footprint–ie: it cleans air, water, increases biodiversity, regulates climate, restores habitat, etc.
- is a mix of high-tech (advanced science) and low tech (“duh”!) solutions.
- able to be easily deconstructed
- cradle 2 cradle (biological and technical nutrients)
- is replicable
Why a house?
Housing touches almost every aspect of civilization: Family, community, shelter, food, energy, finances, transportation, waste management, sewage, air quality, materials, etc. A holistic house can provide a glimpse of what our future could look like in all these areas.
If one house can be designed to mimic a tree, then our cities can be designed to mimic forests!
(If you’d like to be involved, or have any questions, please leave a comment below. Or, feel free to email us.)